Monday, October 29, 2012

Music Review: "Gregorian Chant: Together on the Way"

"Gregorian Chant:  Together on the Way" by the Norbertine Fathers of St. Michael's Abbey.

  It was a pleasure to have the chance to review this CD.   Even not understanding most of the words, in Latin, it is very peaceful, contemplative and will bring you closer to God.   

Many nights I listen to Chant when going to bed and it is especially comforting to fall asleep feeling close to God.

  I especially like the way they have songs to honor Christ the King, the Holy Father, the Blessed Sacrament and the Blessed Virgin Mary.  

I only understand the most commonly-used Latin words, but a few of the tracks indicate that this CD  might be most appropriate in Lent, specifically during Holy Week, but I highly recommend "Gregorian Chant"  all year-round.  

Lætatus sum-Gradual, Fourth Sunday of Lent  
Christus-Gradual, Good Friday  
Dum fabricator-Antiphon, Good Friday  
Cantemus-Tract, Easter Vigil  
Resurrexi-Introit, Easter Sunday  

My favorite track, probably because I am most familiar with it, is "Litany of the Sacred Heart of Jesus"

 
www.jade-music.com
 
 

No comments: