Monday, July 18, 2011

Music Review: "Divine Mercy Flood My Soul" by Annie Karto

This is Annie's newest CD, dedicated to the Divine Mercy.  She is joined by Fr. Leszek Czelusniak.  The CD includes both a spoken and sung version of the Divine Mercy Chaplet.  There are also 4 excerpts from the diary of Sr. Faustina, the Polish nun who first received both the image and Chaplet of the Divine Mercy.

There are several songs which highlight Annie's beautiful voice, which I would describe as crystal-like.  "Divine Mercy Flood my Soul" is a beautiful song that highlights humility.  The "Divine Mercy Praises"  is spoken praise to Jesus for his Divine Mercy

The diary excerpts added both an historical and authentic aspect to the CD in that it shows the history of Divine Mercy.  Fr. Leszek's Polish accent added even more authenticity :)  

My favorite track on the CD is the sung version of the Divine Mercy Chaplet.  It is sung in a captivating chant-like style. 


I think the Divine Mercy devotion is a very important one, and Annie's CD is the best CD  devoted to Divine Mercy that I've heard.  I highly recommend this CD, and I encourage you to check out Annie's site (linked below), which has her store, her blog, and her pages on Facebook and YouTube.  Below is a video of one of one of Annie's songs (not on this CD) to give you a sample of her singing.

Thank you Annie, for the opportunity to review your new CD!




No comments: