Monday, July 25, 2011

Movie Review: Captain America: The First Avenger - PG13

Steve Rogers is so eager to serve his country during WWII that he volunteers to participate in an experimental program that turns him into a super soldier known as Captain America.  At first, he is mostly symbolic, inspiring patriotism during the war,  but he soon finds himself battling the NAZI HYDRA organization, led by the villainous Red Skull.

Unlike other super heroes, Captain America doesn't really have a 'secret identity'...everyone knew he is Rogers.  This may seem a minor point, but I found it significant because it blended his real identity and his Captain America identity in a way that I haven't seen in other super hero movies.

 I found Captain America more nostalgic than I expected, and I wish that Americans still had the level of patriotism I saw in the movie.

There was more story than I expected, but also plenty of action.

A very good movie.  My nephews, 11 and 13, also liked it a lot.




No comments: