Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Time Warner Cable TV to Launch Familyland Channel

I have participated in the activities of the Apostolate for Family Consecration for ten years, attending weekly Rosary Holy Hours with the videos from the Apostolate which include: teaching from the Apostolate Family Catechism, a talk from Pope John Paul II, a talk on Catholic doctrine from Cardinal Francis Arinze, the Holy Rosary with meditations from Fr. Patrick Peyton's Family Theatre series, and musical meditations from various Catholic artists. They have enhanced my family's prayer life, taught me my faith, and given me my closest friends.
I have visited Familyland on three occasions, for a marriage retreat, and Two Family Fests, where the entire family attends daily Mass and catechism, wholesome outdoor entertainment such as swimming, watersliding, horseback riding, square dancing, and singing campfire rosaries at night. Our famliy had the time of our lives!
I highly recommend anything Gerry Conniker at the Apostolate for Family Consecration does, he never makes a move without checking to see if it's under the Magesterium. Several years ago, he began Familyland TV on the SkyAngel Satellite Network, providing a TV service which reminds me of EWTN in it's earlier days; a mix of prayer, Holy Mass, rosary, catechism, homey family shows, and vintage family movies and TV shows. Now Time Warner Cable is including Familyland TV in its' new family friendly cable lineup for only $2.99 a month. With NO MTV or VH-1. Way to go, Time Warner.
HT Catholic PR wire

1 comment:

Christine said...

We used to have those videos in my parish Leticia... I wish we still did