Friday, April 19, 2013

Book Review: Hey God, I've Got Some Guy Named Jonah in My Stomach and I Think I'm Gonna Throw Up! by Troy Schmidt

We've all heard the story of Jonah and the whale from the Old Testament, but have you ever heard it from the whale's perspective?  That's the premise of this humorous children's book.  

This story from the whale's point of view also teaches a couple of important lessons:  although we may want to 'run away' from God's plan for us,  he will use us in his plans, which are always for our good.  

And if we cooperate with God's plans for us, he will multiply that good to help others.  

This is a good book that will both entertain children and share important lessons with them.  I recommend this book...I'm giving mine to my great-nephew  :)

 

No comments: