Monday, June 4, 2012

App Review: MyConsecration


I reviewed this app over the weekend.
The MyConsecration App is a free app for those that want to make the St. Louis de Montfort Consecration with all of the convenience of doing it on their iPhone (or iPad).
It has many features to aid in progressing toward consecration to Our Lady.
  • The :Prayers" tab includes several prayers to Our Lady, for example the Magnificat and the Litany of Our Lady.
  • The "Prepare" tab is 12 days of  prayers to prepare for Consecration to Our Lady.
  • The "Plan" tab is my favorite.  It lists all the feasts of Our Lady, and the start and end dates of the consecration prayers leading up to each.  For example, the next prayers start on June 13 and end on June 16, the Feast of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel.
  • The "Settings" tab is pretty cool.  It allows you to set a reminder, text-only or text with audio (a note of chant :),  to remind you when to start the prayers for each feast.
There is also a "Share" button which will allow you to share your daily consecration on Facebook
    This app is an excellent tool to consecrate yourself to Our Lady.  I thoroughly enjoyed reviewing it and will definitely be using it in my own consecration. You can get it free by searching for MyConsecration in the App Store.  For more information, visit the site below.

     I highly recommend this App!

    Update: a reader informed me they are in development stage for an Android App.

     

    1 comment:

    Unknown said...

    Hi,
    I have been looking for catholic apps that allow me to consecrate myself to Mother Mary. This app is very useful because I can share this on Facebook as well. Thank you for sharing information on this.