Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Music Review: Miami Vineyard Live

The cover of this CD states "Latin, Gospel, Island and Funk Worship".   I really enjoy a variety of musical genres, so I knew I'd like this CD :)

My thoughts on a few tracks:

"Holy Spirit Come" is using any situation to invite the Holy Spirit into our lives.

In "Gloria A Dios Solo" we are giving God our praise and our whole heart.

"Breathe"  acknowledges that God's presence is the air we breathe, and our Daily Bread.  An especiallybeautiful song.


My favorite is "How Great Is Our God"

The Best aspect of this CD is the focus on worshiping and praising God.  Many times, worship/praise music tends to become more about asking God for things than worshiping/praising Him.   I'm certainly not implying that we shouldn't ask God for help or for what we need.  On the contrary,  we can do nothing without Him.  I'm just saying we need to remember to thank God and praise Him, as is His due.
A very enjoyable variety of worship music!

No comments: