Sunday, May 25, 2008

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - PG13

I saw "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" today, and I really enjoyed it, as I have enjoyed all the Indiana Jones movies and I am a real Harrison Ford fan.
However, I have to admit that it felt like something was missing; I think that may be because of his age. I don't mean to sound discriminatory or critical, but it just wasn't the same. The theme here was consistent with the other Indiana Jones movies, he is looking for something (you can tell by the title it is a crystal skull), and so are the "bad guys", who in this case, are the Russians. Keep in mind the year is 1957, during the "cold war". Cate Blanchett was the main "bad guy", and she really reminded me of the story of Adam and Eve, because her quest was really for infinite knowledge, which is ultimately her downfall.
In this movie, Indiana Jones is reunited with someone from his past, and finds a relative he didn't know about. That was one of the things I liked best about it.
There was also a UFO/alien connection which I didn't expect.

In terms of content warnings, there was no nudity or sexual situations and there was no objectionable/offensive language.
Despite my initial comments at the top, there was still plenty of action.
At the end, look for a hint of the future of "Indiana Jones".

cross-posted on A Catholic View

No comments: