Sunday, November 9, 2014

Movie Review: Interstellar - PG13




In the future, earth is becoming inhabitable, with dust storms happening, and crops gradually dying out.  A group of NASA scientists set out to find another inhabitable place for earth's people.  A gripping combination of science fiction, drama and intrigue.

The story was well-written.  The acting was very good, with some well-known names: Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway, Michael Caine, John Lithgow and Matt Damon.

The coolest part of the story, by far,  is the element of time travel and existing in other dimensions.  I won't spoil any details, but the travel to another galaxy takes years, which is different than the travel time in space.

It is a fairly long movie, close to 3 hours, and I look at in in thirds...the first third is good, introducing the characters and setting the basis for the story.  The second third is tedious, and just when it was losing my interest, the final third advanced the story, and had the most exciting scenes.  I enjoyed it, but I must admit I found the ending pretty vague and unsatisfying.

A good movie worth seeing.





No comments: