Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Movie Review: Glen Campbell: I'll Be Me


This is a story about Glen Campbell.  Filmed as a documentary, it details his  struggle with alzheimer's disease, and highlights moments from his career.  


I was particularly struck by the lengths his family has gone to to support him, both in his struggle with the disease, and the production of his final album and farewell road tour.  It shows what a family should be.  Although it is sad to watch the struggle, it is also uplifting to see how determined they are to overcome it.  Both Glen and his family stay amazingly upbeat.  I also enjoyed the many clips they show from his performances.  It does get harder, as we see Glen increasingly affected by the disease.

One of his performances included 3 of his children, so I don't think he's going to be the last Campbell to be successful in the music industry :)

A very heartwarming  and inspirational story that I heartily recommend.


No comments: