Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Music Review: KISS Sonic Boom

I don't mention it often, but a few of my online friends are well aware that I've been a KISS fan for many years.

Today, KISS released Sonic Boom. It is a Walmart exclusive release, and their first since Symphony: Alive IV in July 2003.

It has two CD's: Sonic Boom contains 11 new songs, and KISS Klassics contains 15 new recordings of older songs. There is also a DVD of a live concert from earlier this year.

My favorite new songs are Modern Day Delilah, Stand, and Danger US.
The new songs that most closely represent the style, tempo and vocals of their classic songs are Modern Day Delilah, Never Enough, and Say Yeah (which also features Paul Stanley's classic vocal range).

An excellent KISS collection...I highly recommend (especially for Angela and Annie :)


cross-posted from A Catholic View



http://www.kissonline.com/

http://www.kisssonicboom.com/

1 comment:

EegahInc said...

I got weirded out for a moment because I thought this meant KISS was remaking the cheesy old 80s song Modern Day Delilah by Van Stephenson. That would have been wrong in so many ways.