Sunday, March 1, 2015

TV Review:FINDING JESUS: FAITH, FACT, FORGERY

Premieres on CNN March 1, 9:00 P.M. ET



This CNN series focus on six artifacts from the life and time of Jesus, including the Shroud of Turin, pieces of the True Cross, bones of John the Baptist, a burial box with Jesus' name, and a papyrus 'gospel' that mentions His 'wife'.   I must include the fact that Jesus did NOT have a wife, so I wouldn't give any  credence to that 'gospel at all.  This episode focuses on  the Shroud of Turin.  

I was glad to have the opportunity for this review, because I am an affficianado of relics such as the Shroud, the Cross, etc.  One of my favorite books is 'Relics' by Joan Cruz.  And I do believe the Shroud was the burial cloth of Jesus.

I very much enjoyed the combination of re-enactment of Gospel events and documentary, parts of which are in the Holy Land.  

One point on which I differ with CNN is that I don't look at these artifacts as proving the   existence of Jesus, I believe in Him by virtue of the Gospel and His Resurrection, not because of artifacts.

Although there are points on which I differ, I found Finding Jesus well done and reverent. I look forward to the next episodes.



No comments: