Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Movie Review: The Lumo Project


Available on Netflix


This is a new portrayal  of the Gospel of John.  I reviewed the  NIV version, but it is also available in the King James version and a Spanish version.  Although many of us have heard or read most of the Gospel story, the story of Christ, I feel that seeing it told on screen somehow makes it more relevant, more real, to us.

The only aspect I am ambivalent about  is that, although the story is taking place on screen, the whole story is told by a narrator.  I would have preferred to hear the story through the dialogue.  However, I do realize this would have made the story longer.  It is 2 hours 40 minutes, and the narration allows them to tell more of the Gospel story in this time frame.  

The narration also provides some additional description and explanation of the events on the screen.

An authentic and moving portrayal of the Gospel.  I highly recommend it, as it will deepen your understanding of the Gospel.  A great way to begin the Christmas season!
.



No comments: