Saturday, September 5, 2009

Press interview Eduardo Verastegui; star of "Bella"





Here is the video link of the August 11, 2009 press interview with Eduardo Verastegui and yours truly.
I was impressed by his humble demeanor, he went round the room in the beginning, shaking hands and hearing introductions, and when he sat down, right in front of me, he looked a little nervous. Eduardo has just been to China, Italy and Africa advancing the cause of needy pregnant poor women, raising money for a hospital for the poor in LA, and he is nervous in a provincial college in front of mostly Catholic press. It shows that his focus in not on his impressive accomplishments. When asked if he fears being pigeonholed as a 'Catholic' actor, he looked steadily into the questioner's eyes, and replied, "there is only one thing I am afraid of; not serving God".
Courtesy of the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate from www.airmaria.com
Photos courtesy of my daughter Gabriela in the red shirt.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

That was a very good interview. Wouldn't it be nice if he could change Sotomayor's views on abortion? I have a question for you, and I do hope it's not out of place. I serve on the board of a new pro-life organization, Samuel's Hand Coalition (we were just chartered, and I'm working on our web site), and we are looking for a speaker for a fundraiser. My first thought was of Eduardo, who is on the front lines for life. I'm just not sure if he'd be willing to do it, or if he could fit it into his very busy schedule. And I'm not sure how to get a hold of him. How did you get Eduardo to the university for an interview, if you don't mind me asking?