Monday, April 14, 2014

Movie Review: Draft Day - PG13


Sonny Weaver (Kevin Costner) is the General Manager of the Cleveland Browns, and today is Draft Day, when he has the opportunity to determine the future of football in Cleveland.   

The ups and downs of the deal-making activity behind the Draft were fascinating to watch. 
 There was also a lot of human interaction as Weaver had several people indicating which deals he should make, as well as the relationship between Weaver and his girlfriend, and with his mother.

Although I have my teams I root for,  I am not a huge sports enthusiast and to be honest, I enjoyed Draft Day a lot more than I expected to.

The acting was pretty good, especially Kevin Costner as Sonny Weaver and Frank Langella as Anthony Molina, the team owner.   Denis Leary was good and realistic as the Head Coach and Jennifer Garner was good as Sonny's co-worker and girlfriend, as was Ellen Burstyn as his mother.

An intriguing look at the behind-the-scenes deals that are part of the NFL draft process.
A  very entertaining movie.

The only content warning is some cursing, but it is pretty tame compared to that contained in most movies today.


No comments: